Yes, I love inspirational travel quotes, especially when paired with scenic photo backgrounds and I know a lot of other people do too! They highlight really well little moments about travel and life, and leave you feeling a little more curious and adventurous.
I’ve put together my favourite travel quotes, and hope they inspire you to pack your bags and start travelling more!
1. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
2. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
3. “Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all” – Helen Keller
4. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
5. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
6. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
7. “Life is meant for good friends and great adventures” – Anonymous
8. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
9. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
10. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by” — Robert Frost
11. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.” — Hilaire Belloc
12. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
13. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
14. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” ― Melody Truong
15. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did.” ― Mark Twain
16. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”― David Mitchell
17. “We live in a world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” ― Jawaharial Nehru
18. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
19. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
20. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
I hope you’re feeling inspired and full of wanderlust after reading these quotes! If you’re still looking for more, don’t forget to check out my travel inspiration page, or my Instagram and YouTube pages for more photos and videos!
Enjoyed this post? Use the image below to Pin it for later!