Like most people, I love cheesy travel quotes. Especially when I’m at home dreaming of travelling, I love reading inspirational travel quotes, especially if paired with epic travel photos.
My favourites are usually the cute ones about forming friendships and relationships on the road. Which is why I put together a compilation of all the best travel with friends quotes!
This post is full of quotes that are all dedicated to the beauty of travelling with your mates.
Whether you’re looking for a cute travel buddies quote for your next Instagram photo, or an inspirational quote to reflect on your last trip, here you will probably find it.
Short travel buddies quotes
I thought I’d start this post nice and easy, with some of my favourite short quotes about travelling with friends.
1. “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and a tank of gas.” – Thelma & Louise
This is also one of my favourite road trip quotes. It perfectly sums up the essence of going on a road trip with your mates (I definitely felt that way while on a road trip in Australia!)
2. “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
3. “There is an unspoken bond you create with the friends you travel with.” – Kristen Sarah
4. “Together is our favourite place to be.” – Unknown
5. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
I can totally relate to this quote, especially when on a really long flight or drive (btw, make sure to have all your long flight essentials packed before your trip!)
6. “Good times and tan lines.” – Unknown
I use this beach quote quite a lot to caption my beach photos!
7. “Travel is better with friends.” – Unknown
Admittedly, what isn’t?
Memorable quotes about making friends on the road
These are my favourite travel and friendship quotes.
Meeting new people on the road is one of the best things about travelling, so it’s only fair that there would be so many memorable quotes about it (there are also many epic quotes about solo travel!)
8. “We are all travellers in the wilderness of the world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
9. “The fastest way to make a friend for life is to travel with a stranger” – Unknown
It might sound crazy but I actually agree with this!
I met my friend and fellow blogger Hanna of Solar Powered Blonde in Marrakech, four months later we ended up travelling together for two months to Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Philippines, and it was one of the best trips of my life!
Everywhere we went people thought we had known each other for years. It’s a friendship I will always cherish, made all the stronger by the bond we formed while travelling.
10. “There are no strangers here; only friends you haven’t met yet.” – William Butler Yeats
11. “A friend may be waiting behind a stranger’s face.” – Maya Angelou
12. “One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.” – Edith Wharton
At a time when every day that we turn on the TV we only see bad news, this is extremely true. Sometimes we can’t travel and have to unfortunately only try travel experiences at home, but it’s important to remember the real thing.
Getting out there will show you just how kind people can be. I found this to be very true especially in Japan, where even if they didn’t speak English, people always went out of their way to help.
13. “The more I traveled, the more I realized fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” – Shirley MacLaine
14. “It’s the friends we meet along the way that help us appreciate the journey.” – Unknown
This is also one of my favourite travel quotes!
15. “We are travellers on a cosmic journey, stardust, swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity. Life is eternal. We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” – Paul Coelho
16. “We all start as strangers.” – Unknown
Quotes that make for perfect Instagram captions about trips with friends
Because when you’re having a good time with the people you love, you want everybody to know! These travel with friends quotes will make for awesome Instagram travel captions.
After all, nobody wants to sit around for hours trying to craft a funny or inspirational Instagram caption. Just copy these ones and you’re good to go!
17. “In life, it’s not where you go – it’s who you travel with.” – Charles M. Schulz
18. “Happiness is hiking with friends.” – Unknown
If you love hiking, you will love these quotes about hiking!
19. “Sometimes all you need is a great friend and thirst for adventure.” – Unknown
20. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” – Unknown
21. “Friends, sun, sand, and sea – that sounds like a summer to me.” – Unknown
22. “Take memories, leave only footprints.” – Unknown
23. “Life by the water is always better, especially with a few good friends in tow.” – Unknown
I couldn’t agree more with this quote. I have always been drawn to beach destinations and have a firm belief the sea cures all bad moods. It’s part of the reason I moved to Tenerife!
Funny quotes about travelling with friends
After the deep motivational quotes, it’s time for some funny ones! After all, travelling with friends is always fun, and it’s only fair that these travel quotes reflect that.
24. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
Travel is the ultimate relationship test! If you can survive a trip with someone, you can rest assured that you will get along fine from then on. If you don’t survive the trip together, they weren’t your person anyway!
25. “It was us against the world.” – Burnell Glanzer
26. “You can pack for every occasion, but a good friend will always be the best thing you could bring!” – Unknown
27. “And if I am not alone, then neither are you, and hand in hand we can marvel together at the strangeness of the human condition.” – Stephen Fry
I find this to be a great reminder! It can be easy to feel like you’re alone and no one understands you, but if there is one good thing that came out of social media is it’s help in bringing the world closer.
28. “Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.” – Ernest Hemingway
29. “No road is too long with good company.” – Turkish proverb
Adventure with friends quotes
30. “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.” – Winnie The Pooh
31. “Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.” – Unknown
32. “Everyone needs this friend that calls and says; ‘Get dressed, we’re going on an adventure!’” – Unknown
I’ll admit I’m that friend. I will regularly call my friends and say things like, “Hey, fancy a road trip to Portugal this summer?” but the crucial thing is knowing which friends will answer “Sure! Why not?”
33. “A good friend listens to your adventures. Your best friend makes them with you.” – Unknown
34. “Good times and crazy friends make the best memories.” – Unknown
35. “When you get lost in a really strange place, nothing is more comforting than finding your friend whom you trust and can show the way.” – Toba Beta
As Anthony Bourdain said in an epic travel TV show, travel isn’t always easy or comfortable, and when it goes wrong, having a friend with you will make it much more bearable.
Inspirational quotes about travelling with friends
I couldn’t help but end this compilation with some inspirational quotes, that will leave you thinking and ready to call up your friends and purchase a flight! (Btw, do you know how to find the cheapest flight deals?)
36. “As with any journey, who you travel with is more important than the destination.” – Unknown
37. “The best things in life are the people we love, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made along the way.” – Unknown
38. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go further, go together.”– African proverb
39. “I still believe in paradise. But now at least I know it’s not some place you can look for. Because it’s not where you go. It’s how you feel for a moment in your life when you’re a part of something. And if you find that moment… it lasts forever.” – Alex Garland, The Beach
I guess this one isn’t explicitly about travelling with your mates, but it is about making connections on the road.
40. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou
41. “I get a friend to travel with me… I need somebody to bring me back to who I am. It’s hard to be alone.” – Leonardo di Caprio
42. “Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” — Richard Bach
Final thoughts on the best quotes about trips with friends
There you have it, the ultimate compilation of quotes about travelling with friends! Are there other quotes that you think should feature on this list? Let me know in the comments below!
I love all sorts of travel quotes, but these ones about travelling with your friends hold a special place in my heart. I’m a social person and love spending time with friends, old and new. I also love travelling.
So it’s only natural that these travel with friends quotes would be especially touching for me. I paired these travel friendship quotes with some of my favourite travel memories, I hope you like them!
Whether you’re looking for a cute travel and friendship quote to caption your latest Instagram photo, or an inspirational quote to motivate you to book that next trip with your friends, I hope you found what you’re looking for in this post.
Enjoyed reading about the best vacation with friends quotes? Pin it!